The threat of a virus attack is a major concern for many users, especially those who use computers for business. Norton Antivirus has advanced security features that help shield your system from malware and cyber threats. The popularity of Norton can be attributed to the fact that the software is compatible with most operating systems. This article will give you an overview of how to install Norton Antivirus on your Windows 10 operating system. Since the download and installation steps may vary depending on how you purchased your Norton product, it is best that your call the Norton customer care number and consult a software expert if you have any doubts about the product registration or the installation steps mentioned in this article.
Before you install Norton Antivirus on your Windows device, you need to make sure you register your product with your Norton account. Once the product is registered you can follow the steps given below to install Norton on your computer:
- Step 1: Open your internet browser and visit the Norton Account webpage.
- Step 2: Enter your login details for Norton and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Step 3: Navigate to the ‘Get Started’ page to search for your Norton product.
- Step 4: Click the ‘Download Norton’ option and enter the product key.
- Step 5: If there are multiple products, choose the one you want to download.
- Step 6: Select the ‘Agree & Download’ option and download the software.
- Step 7: Double-click the downloaded Norton file and run it on your computer.
- Step 8: If you see the ‘User Account Control’ window, then you can click the ‘Continue’ button and proceed with the installation steps mentioned on the screen.
Steps to activate your Norton subscription after installation
After you install Norton Antivirus software on your computer, you will need to activate your software subscription using the registered product key that was given to you when you purchased your Norton product. You can use the steps given below to activate your Norton subscription:
- Step 1: Open Norton and go to the ‘My Norton’ page.
- Step 2: Go to the Norton product main window and click ‘Activate Now.’
- Step 3: Type the product key or the renewal code and click ‘Next.’
If you have any trouble installing the antivirus software or activating your Norton subscription, you can call the Norton customer support number and speak to a trained software expert to resolve the issue. Experts are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you a step-by-step guide to install and activate your Norton Antivirus product on Windows 10.