When it comes to online threats and virus protection, even the simplest security breach could cause you to lose valuable data. Also, though Norton is designed to protect your Mac device from all kinds of cyber threats, sometimes certain technical errors may make it difficult for you to run the software. This article will give you a general overview of how to solve the problem of Norton not opening on Mac. However, if you find that the error occurs frequently, you can call the Norton support and speak to a software expert to implement a more advanced solution to troubleshoot the error.
Steps to run RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool
The Norton RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool is designed to remove all the files and folders for all your Symantec and Norton products. You can follow the steps given below to run the tool and delete the Norton installer files:
- Step 1: Download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool onto your computer.
- Step 2: Go to Downloads and open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder.
- Step 3: Control-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file.
- Step 4: Log in to Mac via an administrator account run the utility tool.
- Step 5: Enter your admin details in the Terminal window and press return.
- Step 6: Type ‘1’ to allow RemoveSymantecMacFiles to remove all Symantec files and folders
You need to make sure you save all your data from the other applications before you run the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool. Once the utility tool finishes removing the Symantec files, restart your Mac device and install Norton once again.
Steps to install Norton on Mac
After you run the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and delete all the Symantec files and folders you can follow the steps given below to install Norton once again:
- Step 1: Enter your Norton login credentials and sign in to your account.
- Step 2: Access the ‘Get Started’ window and click ‘Download Norton.’
- Step 3: Click the ‘Agree & Download’ option and save the file on your Mac.
- Step 4: Double-click Norton product installer and select ‘Agree & Install.’
- Step 5: Enter your admin account password and click ‘Install Helper.’
- Step 6: If a message appears indicating “System software was blocked from loading…” click ‘Allow’ and follow the on-screen installation steps.
Once you finish installing the software, you can restart your Mac computer and check if you can open Norton. If you find that the issue persists, or if you need any clarification about the steps mentioned above, you can call the Norton support number and ask for additional technical assistance. A team of trained software experts is available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you a detailed solution to resolve virtually any error related to your Norton software.